Tuesday, June 10, 2008



It's Called Global Climate Change Now, Man...You...You Gun-Hugger...

        This morning I opened my door to snow showers and a nice white coating on the ground. Ah man, why didn't I bring my snowboard?! Seriously, it really doesn't take much more than what we had to slide down a hill. 
        So yeah it was kind of surreal to see snow covered yellow dandelions (although they were smart enough to close up into a little bulb). And I'll admit, I was thinking about that guy Forrest and his criticism of the bunny-huggers and their invented global warming. But people keep telling me that snow at this time of year is not that uncommon. Debbie the residency co-ordinater told me today that one year it snowed at least once every single month. Wow, right?
        But back to Global Warming, or Climate Change, or whatever the hipsters say these days: on the 20th and 21st, if everything goes according to plan, I'll get to see first hand what all the buzz is about. You see, today my Australian friends Tonya and Nicole (who together form "The Jilted Brides") made arrangements to go to Glacier National Park, and I'll be accompanying them!
        According to scientists, if current rates of melt continue as they have been since the 1950's, all of the glaciers in the park will be gone by 2030. Yeow! Not so good right? At the very least this means one very large puddle. You can read and watch a video about it here.
        The next cool derogative term for environmentalists will be "ice-hugger." Cool indeed. Remember folks, you heard it here on Live from the Dental Floss Farm first!

No comments: